- By Kurt Kopp
- In Design Ideas, Remodeling
- Tags Design Ideas - New Construction, New Construction, Porch, Remodeling
2 key factors in building, adding or remodeling your dream porch.
1) If designing a new porch, consult an architect and licensed contractor to ensure it is designed correctly. Unlike a patio or deck, a porch is an extension of the house, and an architect knows their way around the design and structural issues that will be encountered.
2)Deciding on what type of porch.
– Open porch: this is the type most often associated with front porches, often with wide steps leading to the porch.
– Wraparound: Often seen on older homes, these porches start at the entry and literally wrap around at least one corner and side of the house; sometimes two.
– Screened porch: Popular in regions with four seasons and lots of insects (like mosquitoes) in the summer, these porches give you that fresh-air experience, even in the rain.
– Covered porch: A variation on the screened-in style, these porches are often like sunrooms, with lots of windows that open to let in the fresh air.
Need Help? We can do it, contact Us online at or give Us a call at 1 (503) 3357-8810. From concept to completion, we provide full remodeling services. Let’s Build It!