Home Improvement: 4 Things to Remodel in Your Bedroom
Are you remodeling your bedroom? Look at 4 Things to Remodel in Your Bedroom, here you will find renovation suggestions to consider before beginning.
A bedroom remodel can revamp an outdated space and add value to your home, anywhere between a 40-80% return on investment. But as anyone who can tell you, preparation is the key to maintaining your budget and sanity.
Since any bedroom remodel is comprised of many details, the best way to stay organized is to plan your budget, design, and contractor hire ahead of time. Not only will planning to save money in the long run, but it will also help your contractor understand your vision before tearing into your living space.
This is the time to make changes to the floorplan to better suit your needs.
- Add or upgrade windows. Insulated windows can cost between $300 and $700.Add Wall insulation can cost around $1.80 per square foot.
- Add Attic insulation can cost approximately $2.25.Drywall can cost $10 per panel, and a small bedroom will probably need about 13 panels. If you require structural work, a carpenter will cost around $70 an hour.
- Molding can cost $3 per linear foot.
- Replacing your door will cost you about $200
- Best to get a professional to handle this, so your electrical is to code. But you can plan if you want to add ceiling fans or recessed lighting.
- Around 70 dollars an hour for the licensed electrician that will be required to accomplish the upgrades.
Paint or Wallpaper
- Pick whichever you feel more comfortable with that goes with your style.
- Painting the room can take up to 32 hours with a professional painter charging around $30 an hour
- You may want to hire a professional to get the job done correctly. Again, go with what is your style or comfort.
- New carpeting with padding and insulation is around $20 per square yard for regular non-stain resistant carpet.
- Hardwood flooring will run about $10 per square foot installed for engineered hardwood and between $9 and 14 dollars for standard, non-exotic, hardwood.
So, whether you’re remodeling for your own comfort or to increase your home’s value, here are the top renovation suggestions to consider before beginning.
Need Help or have questions about Installing a Backsplash in Your Bathroom? Contact Us online at or give Us a call at 1 (503) 3357-8810. From concept to completion, we provide full remodeling services. Let’s Build It!
Kurt Kopp is a dedicated professional with a commitment to excellence. He is a master builder of over 35 years of experience that strives to deliver the highest quality product to his valued customer.