A new set can give your home a subtle facelift by upgrading your windows. Replacing a small window one with a larger one allows in more light and a better view. More modern, energy-efficient types can save an average of 15% on your energy bill. Whatever the reason for replacing them, it’s essential to have a professional perform the work of your Summer Project: Window Replacements.
When to replace windows
- Market ready: Older windows might deter buyers from looking for a move-in ready or energy-efficient home.
- Run Down windows: Replace windows with broken glass or broken latches, locks, or springs.
- Drafty windows: Older windows are less energy efficient because of how they were designed.
- Inefficient windows: Older windows don’t block UV rays and newer windows, which means they let heat through more efficiently.
Replacement Windows Cost
Windows, including the glass and frames, run an average of $100 to $650. In addition to material, you’ll spend another $100 to $300 in labor. Prices range from $50 to $2,000 or more depending on several factors that we’ll go into in the following sections.
Common factors that increase price include:
- Type (Double-Hung Windows, Awning-Style Windows, Casement-Style Windows, Fixed Windows, Hopper-Style Windows & Single-Hung Windows)
- Material (Wood Frame, Vinyl Frame, & Composite Frame)
- Energy Efficient
Energy-Efficient Window Replacements
You’ll spend an average of $300 to $1,000 each. High-quality brands go even higher in price. Generally, the more you play, the more efficient they are. They start at simple, double-pane varieties with an energy star rating and go up to triple-pane, high-efficiency types with a Low-E coating.
- Low-e coatings add 10% to 15% to the price.
- Vinyl, wood, and fiberglass are the most energy-efficient.
- An excellent option for the environmentally-conscious homeowner.
- Energy-efficient styles save you between 7% and 15% on home energy bills. But it isn’t always worth the extra investment.
Need Help or have questions about the Summer Project: Window Replacements? Contact Us online at or give Us a call at 1 (503) 3357-8810. From concept to completion, we provide full remodeling services. Let’s Build It!
Kurt Kopp is a dedicated professional with a commitment to excellence. He is a master builder of over 35 years of experience that strives to deliver the highest quality product to his valued customer.